There are a number of factors involved in creating an optimal patient experience. By including technology in your arsenal of patient relationship tools you have the ability to meet patient needs more effectively. Technology may include gaming, videos, television, surveys, music, personal health records, schedules, and other entertainment all integrated into a unified experience offered to the patient while they are in the hospital or at home.
Within the hospital
Hospitals are looking for ways to offer improved experiences for patients and their families. A unified solution from Microsoft helps you improve patient experience at the bedside and engage the patient and family through ongoing interaction.
Children's hospitals or medical centers
- Gaming provides an escape for young patients during hospital stays.
- Social networking offers community support for patients and their families.
- On-demand video for family entertainment provides an outlet for the entire family.
- Education in a unique visual presentation offers patients and families a link to the outside world.
- Instant surveys on care services and food provide immediate feedback to care teams.
Other hospitals and healthcare systems
- Television, gaming, videos, surveys, and music allow hospitals to differentiate themselves from others in the market.
- Education on specific medical conditions facilitates patient knowledge in an efficient manner.
- Internet access to a patient's personal health record allows patients to take control of their own care.
- Communication between a care team and a patient's family through integrated communications allows for better, more informed care methods.
Hospital room experience screen
Patients have choices for where they receive their care and by creating a comfortable and unique patient experience you will gain a competitive advantage for repeat business and referrals. Our solutions help create a connection between your hospital, doctors, and patients using familiar Microsoft products to help you provide:
- Branded health content from your hospital including education on specific medical conditions.
- A familiar experience via the Internet similar to the experience at the hospital bedside.
- Sharing of a patient's personal health record including test results with their doctor and other care providers.
- Personalized alerts and reminders for care follow ups plus communication with the care team and patient's family.
- Coordination of clinical trial participation.
- Summary of the patient’s journey from hospital stay to discharge care.
Home or work experience screen
Social networking has taken the world by storm and our patient relationship management solution allows healthcare experiences to be captured in a community sharing environment. Using Microsoft HealthVault, our solution can create a social network for hospitals, doctors, patients, and families to share experiences and information.