The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) require that providers adhere to evidence-based protocols to attain payment thresholds and to incorporate real-time business intelligence into their improvement processes. Complying with these initiatives requires that providers:
- Monitor prime indicators, along with key downstream milestones, to stay within reimbursement conditions set by payers.
- Have quality-improvement programs in place to provide the best care for patients.
- Manage and report on key performance indicators (KPIs).
Microsoft performance management solutions help you take in real-time data across disparate systems and use business intelligence software to produce scorecards and dashboards, helping you to drive actionable information to decision-makers. Implementing a performance management infrastructure also helps you to:
- Provide better service, improve communication, and deliver greater responsiveness by having a clear understanding the source of adverse events.
- Improve operational decisions by making information easily accessible to caregivers, staff, and management.
- Increase reimbursement through CMS by reducing errors that can lead to non-compliance.
- Strengthen clinical performance by identifying opportunities for improvement.
You can customize Microsoft performance management solutions to address your specific priorities and functional needs and to deliver essential data in a variety of formats, tailored to the needs of your organization.