Microsoft's software donation program for local non-profit organizations and charity groups is to help them maximize their productivity and efficiency, in turn helping them deliver even greater social services to their beneficiaries.|
Microsoft makes charitable donations to eligible nonprofit organizations for select programs that fall within our focused areas of giving.
Unsolicited proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis. We regret that, due to the overwhelming volume of requests that we receive, we are not able to fund every proposal.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant from Microsoft Hong Kong must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible to apply for Microsoft funding.
Local charitable organizations which are eligible based on the following charity definition underwritten in the Section 88 of Inland Revenue Ordinance.
"Charitable Organization" means any entity operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, other than:
- Any entity that receives more than one third of its income from any one person or entity
- Any entity that is substantially engaged in lobbying, political campaigns or other activities designed to influence legislation
- Any hospital, health care system or research laboratory
- Any entity that is eligible to participate in the Microsoft Academic Open License program as an "eligible education customer" as that term is defined in the Microsoft Academic Open License Agreement in effect for your region at the time your order was placed
The following categories are not eligible to receive donations from Microsoft Community Affairs:
- Hospitals or medical clinics
- Political, labor, religious or fraternal organizations
- Educational institutions (public or private) or government organizations
- Amateur or professional sports groups
- Teams or events
- Conferences or symposia
- Capital Campaigns for building construction
- Marketing programs or materials
- Private foundations
Submitting Proposals to Microsoft
| Submission is currently suspended due to program enhancement. Updated program details will be available shortly. Should you have any enquiry, please contact Microsoft Customer Service Hotline 2388-9600.|
If you are a Nonprofit Organization in Hong Kong and would like to apply for software donation, send us the proposals should include the following information:
- Description of your organization, including mission, major accomplishments, governance, area and population served.
- Detailed description of the project or activity for which support is being requested, including number of software requested.
- Operating budget for the current fiscal year.
- Identification of funding sources for the current fiscal year and amounts received (include foundation, corporate, individual and public support).
- Project budget (if applicable).
- List of current board members and key staff.
- Most recent financial statement and most recent audit.
- Copy of the organizations tax-exempt letter.
Proposal can be sent to:
Microsoft Hong Kong Limited
13/F, Cyberport 2,
100 Cyberport Road,
Attn: Microsoft Hong Kong Donation Program
Applicants will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Demonstrated commitment to use technology in achieving program goals and organizational mission;
- Demonstrated commitment to help the disadvantaged on IT development and learning:
- Appropriateness of proposed software solution for the organization, its mission and programs;
- Ability to implement and maintain proposed technology.
The Microsoft Charity Open Licensing Program is now available exclusively for Hong Kong charitable organizations. Click here for more details.