QWho can participate in the Microsoft BizSpark India Startup Challenge?
Microsoft BizSpark India Startup Challenge is open to all persons who are 18 years or older and who are citizens or legal residents in India. Startup should be a part of Bizspark program. For more details click here
QI am not a part of BizSpark India Program. How can I register?
to register for BizSpark India Program. It will take 7 – 10 working days to get registered, it is recommended to register before April 15, 2013.
QWhich details are mandatory for the submission?
APlease ensure your business plan includes an Executive Summary, Management/Founders Biographies, Business Description, Market Analysis, Competitive Overview, Business Risk Summary and Financial Projections.
QWhat are the evaluation parameters?
All business plans will be evaluated on a number of criteria:
• Merits of innovation: the ingenuity, creativity and innovation intrinsic to your business plan.
• Market potential: Does your product or service scale and address a sizable market?
• Management capabilities: We are looking for teams that can articulate a vision and execute their business plan.
• G Score: Framework developed by Guidewire group.
QHow many prizes are up for grabs?
A Winners, 1st Runner up and 2nd Runner up at Regional Challenge will receive $4000, $2000 and $1000 respectively.
They will also receive Non Cash prizes.
The Grand Finale Winner will receive Dell Latitude 10 Tablet and XBOX 360. The 1st Runner up will receive Acer Iconia W510 Tablet
and XBOX 360. While, the 2nd runner up will get Windows Phone Nokia 920 and XBOX 360.
QCan I submit more than one business plan?
ANo. One Startup can submit only one business plan.
QMy company is not yet incorporated, can I participate?
AMicrosoft BizSpark India welcomes Companies/Startups of different shape and sizes. However winners are required to get registered before disbursement of prizes.
QWhat is BizSpark?
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps software startups succeed by giving them access to Microsoft software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, including investors, and providing marketing visibility to help entrepreneurs starting a business. Click here
for more details.
QIs BizSpark available to Startups that also use open source technologies?
Yes. BizSpark is available to any Startup that meets the program eligibility
QWhy is Microsoft offering this program?
AMicrosoft believes that by helping startups succeed we’re helping to build a valued long-term partnership. Together we can build a more vibrant global software economy.
BizSpark helps startups by providing access to Microsoft software when you most need it and can least afford it, and by supporting the network of organizations—startup incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies—that are equally involved and invested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship.
QWhy should I join BizSpark as a Startup?
The Microsoft BizSpark program is based on the belief that startup success is our success. Microsoft is committed to help technology startups realize their goals on their own terms and in the shortest amount of time. Through BizSpark, Microsoft's goals are to:
• Help young and innovative software companies gain valuable experience and expertise in Microsoft technologies, with no upfront costs. In other words, they can get the technologies they need when they can least afford them.
• Help startups establish connections with local and global startup ecosystems - VCs, angels, incubators, entrepreneur associations, etc. - that are equally involved and invested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship.
• Stimulate vibrant local software ecosystems and promote innovation and interoperability.
• Support the broadest possible startup audience in a way that complements their values and the organizations that support them.