The Template Library provides 40 templates that have been customized
to ensure accessibility. Using the templates provided, documents can be easily created
that will be accessible to persons with disabilities.
Details of 40 Templates
Download, Install and Use Template Library
Step 1: Download Template Library
To download and install the Template Library,
- Go to
- Choose the location and save the .zip file to your computer.
- Extract the files to a folder on your computer.
Step 2: Install Template Library
After you have downloaded the Template Library, install it by doing the following:
- Go to the folder where you extracted the installation files, and run Setup.exe.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard.
Using the Template Library
To use the Template Library, do the following:
- Open Word.
- Click the File tab, and then click New.
- Click My Templates, then click the Government
- Select any of the templates and click OK.
A new document is created using the chosen template. Change the content as per your
Tip: Click the File tab, Click Info, under Prepare for Sharing,
an alert will appear if Accessibility Checker has detected any potential accessibility
issues. If you want to view and repair the issues in your file, click Check for
Issues, and then click Check Accessibility.