| About this Course |
This three day course is designed for IT Professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The course focuses on the new features and functionality in Windows 8 and related tools and cloud services that pertain to:
- Installation and activation
- Upgrades and migration
- Local and remote administration including Group Policy, Windows Intune and Windows PowerShell
- Application solutions and compatibility
- Internet Explorer
- Remote access, VPN, and DirectAccess client configuration
- Troubleshooting and recovery
- Client Hyper-V
- Online services.
This course also serves as preparation for Exam 70-689: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows 8.
| Audience Profile |
The primary audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are experienced Windows 7 administrators or support technicians and want to update their skills to Windows 8 and associated administration tools and cloud services.
The secondary audience for this course includes certification candidates who have an existing Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) level certification for Windows 7 and who want to upgrade those credentials to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 8.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system
- Administer Windows 8 with administration tools, Group Policy, Windows Intune and Windows PowerShell
- Implement an application strategy for Windows 8
- Configure and control applications, application compatibility and Internet Explorer
- Enable Windows 8 remote access with VPNs and DirectAccess
- Implement and manage storage in Windows 8 including BitLocker
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures
- Implement Client Hyper-V and VHDs for Windows 8 and use it to support legacy applications
- Implement the online features of Windows 8 by using the boot from VHD feature