| About this Course |
This 3-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals who want to achieve the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and support Windows 8.1 PCs and devices. In this course, you will learn the skills you need to support Windows 8.1 in a Windows Server domain environment with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. You will learn how to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade previous versions of Windows to Windows 8.1. You will learn to configure and manage Windows 8.1 by using Windows PowerShell, Group Policy, Windows Intune, and other Windows management tools. Additionally, you will learn to control access for non-domain joined Windows devices by using the Workplace Join and Work Folders features in Windows 8.1. You will also learn how to resolve common support issues related to Windows 8.1, including monitoring and troubleshooting performance in Windows 8.1, recovering BitLocker encrypted drives, and recovering Windows 8.1. Finally, you will learn how to implement Client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1.
NOTE: The course title, Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Window 8, references Windows 8 because it maps to the certification exam of the same name. However, the skills that are taught cover the latest Windows 8.1 features.
| Audience Profile |
The primary audience for this course is IT professionals who configure and support Windows 7 or Windows 8-based PCs, devices, users, and associated network and security resources, and who wish to update their skills to Windows 8.1. The audience includes experienced IT Professionals who focus on supporting a broad range of technical issues related to Windows operating systems, devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware.
A segment of the audience for this course includes certification candidates who want to migrate their current credentials to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 8.1, and have either:
- An existing Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) level certification for Windows 7
- An existing Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) level certification for Windows 8
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Install Windows 8.1 and upgrade previous versions of Windows to Windows 8.1.
- Configure and manage Windows 8.1 by using Windows PowerShell, Group Policy, Windows Intune.
- Implement an application strategy for Windows 8.1.
- Manage non-domain joined devices and provide resource access for these devices.
- Secure Windows 8.1 devices by using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Configure remote access for computers running Windows 8.1.
- Monitor and recover Windows 8.1.
- Implement Hyper-V in Windows 8.1