| Preparing for an Exam |
Note: This exam is scheduled to retire April 1, 2014.
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
This exam is intended for IT professionals who administer Microsoft Office 365 in an environment that may include Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync, and/or Microsoft SharePoint.
Tasks that candidates would typically perform include:
- Supporting hybrid environments
- Managing users
- Managing service features
- Troubleshooting user and enterprise connectivity issues
- Managing licenses
Candidates should have core skills in configuration of all Office 365 technologies with deep specialization in one or more of the following:
- Lync 2010
- Exchange 2010
- SharePoint 2010
Candidates should also have experience with:
- Active Directory Federation Services 2.0
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization Tool
- Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Certificates (PKI)
Candidates may also be familiar with multitenant environments.
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-323: Administering Office 365, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Administering Office 365Exam 70-323: Administering Office 365: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Office 365 Administrator
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |