| Preparing for an Exam |
This exam is scheduled to retire on July 31, 2013.
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
This Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (TS) exam, Exam 70-503: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation Application Development, became available in April 2008.
Questions that contain code will be presented in either VB or C#. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for Exam 70-503: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation Application Development work on a team in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to build distributed applications. Candidates should have at least one year of experience developing distributed applications by using technologies such as XML Web services, .NET Remoting, and Windows enterprise services. Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following by using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- A solid understanding of WCF in the context of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 solution stack
- Experience creating service model elements
- Experience using WCF to support Web services specifications standards
- Experience integrating WCF services with Windows enterprise services such as Message Queuing (MSMQ) and COM+
- Experience configuring and deploying WCF applications
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-503: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - Windows Communication Foundation: counts as credit toward the following certification(s): |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |