| Preparing for an Exam |
This exam is scheduled to retire July 31, 2013.
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
Questions that contain code will be presented in either VB or C#. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for Exam 70-504 use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to build applications that automate workflow. Candidates should have a minimum of one year of experience developing either Windows-based or Web-based applications by using the .NET Framework and should be able to demonstrate the following by using Windows Workflow Foundation (WF).
- A solid understanding of WF in the context of the .NET Framework 3.5 solution stack
- Experience creating both sequential and state machine workflows
- Experience using various workflow activities
- Experience creating custom activities
- Experience maintaining state in a workflow
- Experience managing transactions and handling errors in a workflow
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-504: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - Workflow: counts as credit toward the following certification(s): |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |