| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
This exam is designed to test the candidate's knowledge and skills for developing applications using Windows Communication Foundation and the .NET Framework 4.
Questions that contain code will be presented in either VB or C#. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
| Audience Profile |
The candidate works on a team in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 to build distributed applications. This candidate should have at least one year of experience developing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)–based applications, including at least six months of experience with .NET Framework 4. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of WCF in the context of the .NET Framework 4 solution stack
- Experience creating service model elements
- Experience using WCF to support open and .NET communication
- Experience configuring and deploying WCF applications
- Experience using Visual Studio tools, tracing tools, SvcUtil, WCF performance monitoring, and IIS/WAS for hosting services
- Experience securing WCF applications
- A solid understanding of concurrency
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
- MCPD: Windows Developer 4
- MCPD: Web Developer 4
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |