| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who resell hardware with Genuine preinstalled Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Small Business Server 2011. They install Microsoft Office 2010 and provide value added services. Candidates should have a minimum of one year of experience managing day-to-day issues involving desktop and/or server deployment.
The minimally qualified candidate typically
- is an OEM reseller.
- has one year of on-the-job experience.
- has familiarity with OEM licensing requirements and Office Product Key Card.
- has basic network troubleshooting skills.
- has basic hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- works for a small or medium-size business that is, or is seeking to become, a Microsoft Silver OEM Competency Partner or a Microsoft Gold OEM Competency Partner.
- might be in the process of becoming a Microsoft Small Business Specialist.
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-684: OEM Reseller, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): OEM Reseller
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |