| Preparing for an Exam |
This exam is scheduled to retire on July 31, 2013.
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics CoveredThis exam validates the skills of IT professionals who have familiarity with operational best practices such as those described in the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Candidates can configure and manage: IIS, AD, storage, Network/security infrastructures, Win2008, Multiple web sites, managed and unmanaged servers, static and dynamic web sites, automate administrative tasks. |
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam include IT professionals who have two or more years of experience in managing a Windows-based network in addition to at least 12 to 18 months of hosting experience. Candidates should be familiar with different types of hosting, including shared, dedicated, and virtual hosting. Candidates should be able to:
- Configure and manage Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Configure and manage IIS 7.0
- Configure and manage storage
- Configure and manage security
- Load balance servers
- Automate administrative tasks
Additionally, candidates should have a basic understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP networks, SQL Server administration, and Windows SharePoint Services.
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |