| About this Course |
The one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Fixed Assets course delves into the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter, depreciate, and retire fixed assets. This course shows how to perform additional functions such as changing asset information, partial asset transfers, partial asset retirements, and retirement undo. A thorough understanding of these topics allows companies to keep accurate records and learn to use comprehensive reporting features to present data in different ways. This course also discusses how to define default values and gather the information you need to make better business decisions by exploring powerful inquiry and lookup functions.
| Audience Profile |
People wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Fixed Assets.
The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators; accountants, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics GP and gain foundational knowledge of the application’s functionality.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform all Fixed Assets related data entry functions including creating asset records.
- Maintain asset records using transfers, changes, and retirements.
- Print detailed reports to verify data and financial analysis for audit trail purposes such as posting journals, depreciation registers, financial details and other asset reports.
- Identify the impact of the Fixed Assets module on other Microsoft Dynamics GP modules.
- Troubleshoot and correct input errors including an incorrect posting period and how to delete records.