| About this Course |
This course provides students with a detailed overview of the Lean Manufacturing module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. It provides a description of the main features and processes used to run lean manufacturing and includes detailed labs, scenarios, examples, and demonstrations that range from understanding and configuring different types of Kanbans, to subcontracting and setting up production flow costing.
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for:
- Partners, consultants, presales consultants, and professionals that have a moderate understanding of basic Lean Manufacturing concepts and production processes.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean manufacturing.
- Create a new production flow version and describe activity relations and constraints, picking activities and costing implications.
- Define Kanbans and describe their types including: withdrawal, fixed quantity, event, scheduled and subcontracting Kanbans.
- Explain how fixed quantity Kanbans are used including how to set up rules, review planning processes, and use the Kanban schedule board.
- Describe how event Kanbans are used including how to configure rules, set up sales line events, Kanban line events, BOM line events and stock replenishment events.
- Describe the processes associated with the planned order type Kanban.
- Define and setup activity based subcontracting.
- Describe production flow costing including: back flushing, conversion costs, cost reporting to the general ledger, and how production costing is set up for a Kanban job based on subcontracting activity.
- Define how to set up and configure Kanban quantity calculation policies and how to create quantity calculations to generate and update Kanban rules.