| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
Typical candidates for this exam are Identity Specialists who deploy and manage Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 in an enterprise environment consisting of more than 5,000 identities with a dynamic lifecycle. These organizations may be geographically and/or organizationally dispersed and may require compliance with extensive regulations. The environment may include multiple applications that consume identities and/or multiple disconnected data sources.
- Candidates are expected to have experience in the following areas:
- Directory Services
- Security policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as an infrastructure component such as writing basic queries (SQL)
- Experience with email and messaging platforms
- 2-3 years running and extending FIM, Provisioning, deprovisioning, user management, and password management
- Analyzing root causes using tools and statistics, including Event log, Preview, Stack trace, run statistics, Service Trace Log, Portal request logs, MPR Explorer and Management Pack
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-158: TS: Forefront Identity Manager 2010, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Forefront Identity Manager 2010, Configuration
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |