| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam.
- Create and Maintain Desktop Images
- Design and Deploy Desktops
- Plan and Implement a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure
- Design and Configure Desktop Settings
- Manage and Maintain a Desktop Infrastructure
| Audience Profile |
This certification is intended for IT Professional who need to validate their skills and knowledge necessary for designing, deploying and managing a Windows Server 2012 desktop infrastructure including the application environment, application virtualization, security, business continuity and remote desktop services necessary. Candidate’s should have experience with previous Windows Server Operating systems and have their Windows 2012 Server certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
This exam is part one, of a series of two exams, which validate the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement and maintain a Windows Server 2012 desktop Infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. This exam will validate the planning, configuration, and implementation of the Windows Server 2012 desktop services, such as desktop imaging and deployment, application / desktop virtualization, and RDP access and infrastructure. This exam along with exam 70-416 will collectively validate the skills and knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and maintaining desktop infrastructure services in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure: counts as credit toward the following certification(s): |
MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |