| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following patterns & practices guide book includes topic areas covered on this exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam are software testers. They manage the process of running tests, creating and monitoring bugs, and managing and mitigating issues that a software organization has in controlling test coverage for project requirements. The qualified candidate typically has:
- a strong understanding of the software testing role.
- a strong understanding of modern testing practices.
- the ability to implement testing practices by using Microsoft technologies.
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-497: Software Testing with Visual Studio 2012: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |