| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates should have one to two years of experience using SQL Server 2008 or two to three years of experience using a previous version of SQL Server. Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who work in jobs in which database administration is their main area of responsibility, or they work in environments in which databases are central to their primary job roles. These job roles include the following:
- IT generalists who work in environments in which SQL Server 2008 is part of an overall solution
- IT professionals who manage systems that run SQL Server 2008
- Developers who build applications that use SQL Server 2008
- IT professionals who work with third-party applications that are built on SQL Server 2008
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-432: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |Exam 70-432: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
*Note that this MCTS certification will only be awarded until July 31, 2013.
*Note that this MCITP certification will only be awarded until July 31, 2013. After that date, exam 432 will continue to count towards the MCSA: SQL Server 2008 certification.
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |