| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam are responsible for creating business intelligence (BI) solutions by using SQL Server 2008 for their organizations. Candidates typically work with the full suite of BI technologies in SQL Server 2008, including Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and Integration Services.
This exam is intended for professionals who develop solutions by using the SQL Server 2008 BI tool suite. The qualified candidate for this exam typically has:
- one to two years of experience working with the Microsoft .NET Framework
- two to three years of experience using SQL Server 2005 BI components
- six months to one year of experience using SQL Server 2008
- experience using the SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- experience using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database schemas
- experience creating and deploying a cube in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- experience creating and deploying a data mining model in SSAS
- experience writing relational and multi-dimensional database queries
- experience creating and deploying SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
- experience authoring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- experience debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-448: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |Exam 70-448: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
*Note that this MCTS certification will only be awarded until July 31, 2013.
*Note that this MCITP certification will only be awarded until July 31, 2013. After that date, exam 448 will continue to count towards the MCSA: SQL Server 2008 certification.
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |