| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following books includes topic areas covered on this exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates typically work in an enterprise development organization that provides application lifecycle management services by using Team Foundation Server.
The qualified candidate has:
- a solid understanding of the Team Foundation Server architecture and components.
- experience installing and configuring a Team Foundation Server in both single-server and multi-server configurations.
- experience managing security for Team Foundation Server components.
- experience configuring and using Team Foundation Build.
- experience adapting process templates to an organization.
- experience managing project artifacts with Team Foundation Server version control.
- experience configuring and using Work Item tracking.
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-496: Administering Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |