| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following books include topic areas covered on this exam:
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam typically use Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 to keep their teams focused on customer value and to structure their organizations to deliver quality software frequently and reliably. These candidates inspect and help streamline activities across all roles and throughout the entire development life cycle. The qualified candidate typically has:
- a strong understanding of current process improvement practices.
- a strong understanding of popular software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), as well as umbrella practices such as Agile and Lean.
- high-level technical experience with Microsoft tools used to improve software development effectiveness.
| Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-498: Delivering Continuous Value with Visual Studio 2012 Application Lifecycle Management: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |