| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
This exam is designed to test the candidate's knowledge and skills for developing applications using Windows Forms, WPF and the .NET Framework 4.
Questions that contain code will be presented in either VB or C#. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
| Audience Profile |
The candidate works in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create WinForms and WPF applications. The candidate should have at least one year of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Visual Studio, including at least six months of experience with Visual Studio 2010 Professional.
In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a solid understanding of the .NET Framework 4.0 solution stack for WPF and WinForm applications
- experience in creating data-driven user interfaces for WPF and WinForm applications
- experience in creating layouts by using Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML)
- experience in programming against the WPF and WinForm object model
- experience with unit testing using MSTest
- experience with setup and deployment projects
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications
- MCPD: Windows Developer 4
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |