| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam. The percentage indicates the portion of the exam that addresses a particular skill.
- Deploying Visio solutions (16 percent)
- Working with external data (17 percent)
- Developing Visio libraries (27 percent)
- Automating Visio diagrams (27 percent)
- Publishing and viewing Visio diagrams (13 percent)
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam work in development organizations that use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Office Visio 2007 to create data visualization solutions. The candidate should have at least two years of experience creating enterprise solutions by using Visual Studio 2005 and at least one year of experience creating add-ins for Microsoft Office products. Additionally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience developing shared add-ins for Office products
- Experience building add-ins by using Visual Studio Tools for Office 2007
- Experience programming against the Office Visio 2007 SDK
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging Visio add-in solutions
- Experience creating custom shapes, stencils, and templates
- Experience packaging and deploying Office Visio solutions
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-545: TS: Microsoft Visio 2007, Application Development, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
- MCTS: Microsoft Office Visio 2007, Application Development
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |