| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics CoveredThis is a Technical Specialist exam, designed to assess candidates’ hands-on skills building and deploying Windows Embedded Standard 2009 images. |
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam have one to two years of experience working with Windows XP Embedded. Candidates should have a deep understanding of the internal workings of Windows XP Embedded and the registry. They should also have functional knowledge of how to configure and build the operating system (runtime image). Candidates should also have experience using Windows internals, deploying to a variety of hardware platforms, and troubleshooting device driver installations.
In addition, candidates for this exam should have experience with the following:
- Windows security
- the role of packages, groups, and repository sets
- application-level development on Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded
- deployment options and methodologies
- Embedded enabling features (EEFs)
- working at the hardware level
- Database Manager
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-577: TS: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Development, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):MCTS: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Development |
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |