| Preparing for an Exam |
70-667 and 70-668 will be updated for SharePoint 2010 SP1 and Office 365 in January, 2012.
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam typically have more than one year of experience configuring SharePoint and related technologies, including Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows Server 2008, and Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT administrator who implements and maintains SharePoint Online or an on-premise deployment of SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1.
- Is proficient with IIS 7.0, DNS, Active Directory Domain Services, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as these technologies relate to SharePoint.
- Is proficient with the infrastructure and security of Windows Server 2008 or later.
- Has experience with business operations for IT, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell 2.0 and command-line administration.
- Has a basic understanding of single sign-on and Active Directory Federation Services 2.0.
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration
MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |