| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam operate in computing environments that use Microsoft Windows 7 as a desktop operating system in an enterprise environment. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in the IT field, as well as experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment.
Candidates should be able to install, deploy, and upgrade to Windows 7, including ensuring hardware and software compatibility. Additionally, candidates should be able to configure pre-installation and post-installation system settings, Windows security features, network connectivity applications included with Windows 7, and mobile computing. Candidates should also be able to maintain systems, including monitoring for and resolving performance and reliability issues. Candidates should have a basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax.
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-680: Windows 7, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Exam 70-680: Windows 7, Configuring: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows 7, Configuration
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7
NOTE: The MCITP certification will be discontinued/unable to be earned as of January 31, 2014. The certification will remain on the transcript for those that earn the certification prior to January 31, 2004
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |