| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Exam Topics Covered |
The following list includes exam topics covered in this upgrade exam:
- Install and Upgrade to Windows 8
- Configure Hardware and Applications
- Configure Remote Access and Mobility
- Configure Backup and Recovery Options
- Design an Installation and Application Strategy
- Maintain Resource Access
- Maintain Windows Clients and Devices
- Manage Windows 8 Using Cloud Services and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
| Audience Profile |
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals already certified on Windows 7, and who configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as a domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. The IT professional could be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities.
| Credit Toward CertificationWhen you pass Exam 70-689: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows 8, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): |
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |