| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
This exam is designed to allow candidates to assess their knowledge and skills on developing applications to run on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Candidates for this exam are seeking to prove Windows programming and application development knowledge and skills. Before taking this exam, candidates should have a solid foundational knowledge of the topics outlined in this preparation guide. It is recommended that candidates be familiar with the concepts of and have hands-on experience with the technologies described here by either by taking relevant training courses or by working with tutorials and samples available on MSDN and in Microsoft Visual Studio. Candidates are expected to have some experience with a Microsoft .NET language such as C# or Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
Candidates for this exam are in the process of expanding their knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- various types of applications that run on Windows
- how to create graphical user interface (GUI) applications that run on Windows by using Windows Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- how Windows Services are programmed and hosted on a computer that runs Windows
- how to access data from various sources for use in a Windows-based application
- how to successfully deploy a Windows application to target computers
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |