| Preparing for an Exam |
- The most effective way to prepare to take an exam.
- The relationship between Microsoft training materials and exam content.
- Microsoft policy concerning the incorporation of service pack and revision updates into exam content.
- Exam question types and formats.
- Exam time limits and number of questions asked.
We recommend that you review this preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the FAQs and resources on the Microsoft Certification website before you schedule your exam.
| Audience Profile |
This exam is designed to allow candidates to assess their knowledge and skills around Web applications using Microsoft and other technologies.
Candidates for this exam are seeking to prove knowledge and skills in creating Web-based applications by using Visual Studio, the .NET Framework, and managed code. Before taking this exam, candidates should have a solid foundational knowledge in the topics outlined in this preparation guide. It is recommended that candidates gain hands-on experience with the technologies and concepts described here by following a prescribed curriculum that maps to the exam, or by working with tutorials and samples available on MSDN and in Visual Studio. Candidates are expected to have some experience with a .NET language such as C# or VB.NET.
Candidates for this exam are seeking knowledge and job-related skills in the following areas:
- Understanding Web-based application development fundamentals
- Creating ASP.NET applications using server-side and client-side coding techniques and tools
- Understanding the Web application event model
- Understanding of Web services and communications with services
- Accessing and displaying data in a Web application
- Deploying and hosting Web applications using Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Understanding the use of various configuration options for ASP.NET applications
| Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. |