Microsoft MapPoint 2010 with GPS Locator
Explore the Features of MapPoint 2010
New features include map settings to choose what details to display on your maps and the ability to create routes and send them to your navigation device.*
- Tap into existing data sources. Create maps from data stored in current versions of Microsoft Office Excel, Office Access, SQL Server, or other database sources.
- Tell a story, visually. Insert maps into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations to illustrate everything from sales performance to customer locations.
- Extend your business. Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business solutions such as fleet tracking and business intelligence.
To use MapPoint 2010 with GPS Locator, you need:
- PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed.
- Windows 7® with 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista® with 1 GB RAM, Windows® XP with 256 MB RAM, Windows Server® 2008 with 512 MB RAM or Windows Server 2003 with 256 MB RAM (64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server excluded); service packs for operating systems recommended.
- Certain features require Internet Explorer®. If not present, Internet Explorer will be installed but will not displace your primary browser.
- Available hard-disk space: 1.8 GB (some users may require up to an extra 300 MB).
- Internet access.
- Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher resolution monitor.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or a compatible pointing device.
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
- For Voice Output: any of the operating systems listed in the above system requirements and a compatible soundcard.
- Microsoft compatible email software such as Microsoft Office Outlook® required to use Send to Mobile and Send To as attachment; Office Outlook 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 required to use Send To as picture.
- Broadband Internet service recommended for certain features, which may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply.
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port.