Build Stronger Customer Relationships and Gain Business Insight
The Bing Maps Platform can help you connect with customers by providing rich, relevant information that helps them find your branches, hours, and services—quickly and conveniently. And you can get the deep insight you need to make better business decisions by layering your own or external data onto the Bing Maps Platform.
Bank of America
Using Bing Maps, Bank of America customers can search for ATM or banking center locations offering the services they prefer, at a time that fits their schedule. A map search displays branches and ATM locations, and simply by pointing to a location, users can learn all the important details about each one.
Through Bing Maps pushpin mapping, Chase customizes connections to its branches and ATM locations, showing customers details like driving directions by zip code, and days and hours of operation. The Chase solution also shows locations from nearest to furthest, based on the user’s starting address.
Wells Fargo uses Bing Maps to direct customers to its nearest branch, with additional details about the services offered there, including which offer mortgages and which have commercial banking services. Users can even use bird’s eye view to see what the surrounding area looks like.
What Financial Institutions Can Do with Bing Maps
Strengthen Customer Connections
- Customize online maps using location pushpins with branch and ATM locations and services.
- Drive customers to your locations with immersive experiences, including one-click walking and driving directions.
Improve Business Insight
- Track and forecast customer behaviors by visualizing data in the context of location.
- Visualize metrics, such as profitability and account activity, by branch and region.
Grow Through Innovation
- Deliver new online offerings that distinguish your services on desktop and mobile devices.
- Connect with your global customers using localized maps in several languages.