Microsoft North American Retail Product Refund Guidelines
Pour les clients Canadiens Français veuillez voient le lien ci-joint
Para los clientes Españoles satisfacer ven acoplamiento unido
You can easily return any Microsoft retail product* to the retailer from which you purchased it, subject to that retailer's return policy.
I. Microsoft North American Retail Product 45-Day Refund Policy
What Products Are Eligible for a Refund?
All software and hardware products that you purchased in the United States or Canada (North America) come with a Microsoft 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Microsoft will refund your purchase price subject to policy guidelines and warranty and license agreement provisions.
How Can I Return a Product for a Refund?
- Return the product within 45 days of purchase date.
- Provide a copy of your original sales receipt, credit card statement, or canceled check.
- Provide complete contact information, including your street address (sorry, no PO boxes), city, state, ZIP or postal code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable).
Uninstall the software product from your computer and any storage devices and delete any backup copies.
- Include all related media and manuals.
- Provide the name and location of the retailer from which you purchased the product.
- Explain briefly why you want to return the product for a refund.
- Send the product, its original packaging, and all related materials via traceable means to our Return Center. For tracking and security reasons, all returns must be sent by Federal Express, UPS, Airborne, DHL, or certified and insured U.S. mail.
What Products Are Not Eligible for a Refund?
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software preloaded on a PC (contact the PC manufacturer)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software sold separately from PC (contact the reseller or retailer)
- Product obtained through volume licensing or subscription (contact the reseller or distributor)
- Product acquired for free via electronic distribution
- Products purchased through electronic transmission online or over the Internet (contact the online software vendor)
- Reseller/retailer and contractor products (contact your Authorized Microsoft Distributor or Account Executive)
- Products purchased through the Product Information Center (contact the Product Information Center Customer Service team)
- Products obtained as Not For Resale product
- XBOX Console Unit or Accessories (refer to your warranty and product repair guidelines)
- ZUNE Media/Video player or Accessories (refer to your warranty and product repair guidelines)
- Products no longer actively sold or technically supported by Microsoft
- Products purchased through the Microsoft employee purchase program
- Customer “walk-in” returns to the Return Center
- Microsoft online services
- Products purchased through Microsoft Employee eCompany Store
Timing and Process Information
All validated refund requests will be processed within 2–4 weeks of receipt by the Return Center. Failure to include all the required information may result in a denial of your request or a delay in the processing of your refund. We will reimburse you up to $7 US for the cost of mailing your product to Microsoft, unless you can provide satisfactory proof that your shipping costs are greater than $7 US.
Contacting the Return Center
1-877-673-8889 (TTY Line)
Shipping Address for Returns in the United States:
Microsoft Product Returns Program
2031 Burroughs Ave.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Shipping Address for Returns in Canada:
Microsoft Product Returns Program
6495 Tomken Road
Canada L5T 2X7
Additional Information About Microsoft Warranties and License Agreements
Genuine Microsoft Software
* For convenience Microsoft refers to software licenses and hardware as “products” in this policy. Customers actually acquire software licenses from Microsoft, not software.