About the Book
Get the COM savvy you need to build strategic distributed computing solutions.
With PROGRAMMING DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS WITH COM AND MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 6.0, Visual Basic programmers discover how to execute enterprise-level development tasks formerly achievable only in the C++ environment. This astute reference demystifies the underlying complexities of the Component Object Model (COM) and explains how to use the significant COM-based capabilities in Visual Basic 6.0 to create scalable distributed solutions—with information and resources geared specifically to the Visual Basic development system.
• Find out how key developments with COM, Distributed COM (DCOM), and Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) are fueling the rapid evolution in enterprise programming
• Explore COM/DCOM internals, objects, and servers
• Understand the principles of interface-based programming and design
• Investigate the MTS run-time environment within Visual Basic
• Design and deploy scalable applications with MTS and Microsoft Message Queue
Developers who can leverage existing Visual Basic expertise to build business objects in the middle tier can realize tremendous gains for the enterprise. Get the information edge you need with PROGRAMMING DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS WITH COM AND MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 6.0—and advance your own enterprise productivity!
An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.
Microsoft® VBScript Step by Step
Advanced VBScript for Microsoft® Windows® Administrators
Developing Microsoft® .NET Controls with Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET
Number of Ratings: 1