About the Book
Official Microsoft® study guide for the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Learn how to deliver powerful database solutions—and prepare for the Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work through the modular system of lessons and hands-on exercises to gain practical experience designing and implementing data-driven business applications using SQL Server™ 2000 Enterprise Edition. As you build these real-world design skills, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-229—a core exam for MCDBA certification and a key elective on the MCSE and MCSD tracks.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Developing a logical data model
• Creating databases—files, objects, space management, and growth strategy
• Using Transact-SQL and Data Transformation Services (DTS) to manipulate data; extracting data in XML format
• Programming business logic using stored procedures, transactions, triggers, user-defined functions, and views
• Optimizing database performance by using SQL Profiler and the Index Tuning Wizard
• Managing security—data access, object-level security, and application roles
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
• Skill-building exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
• Summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress
• 120-day evaluation version of SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
• All the book’s content on CD-ROM
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Second Edition
MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Migrating to Active Directory®; Exam 70-272
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-299): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network
Number of Ratings: 106