About the Book
Maximize the performance and productivity of the premier relational database management system with tools and resources from Microsoft.
Create, maintain, and optimize powerful database applications for SQL Server™ 2000, a key Microsoft® .NET Enterprise Server, with expertise from those who know the technology best—the SQL Server 2000 product team and Microsoft Consulting Services. This essential kit is packed full of technical details, tools, and utilities to help you maximize the productivity of your enterprise systems, create efficient database applications, and tune the performance of your servers and databases. The MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2000 RESOURCE KIT includes information about core functionality and new features of SQL Server 2000, plus a CD-ROM full of unique tools and samples. It also covers vital topics such as data warehousing, security, failover clustering, scalability, XML, and digital dashboards. This powerhouse reference is the essential resource for every SQL Server user who seeks maximum performance from SQL Server 2000. Topics covered include:
• PLANNING: Find out what’s new in SQL Server 2000; find the SQL Server edition that’s right for your organization, and discover the latest information about licensing, upgrades, and migration.
• ADMINISTRATION: Learn the latest about database administration tools and features, and backup and recovery techniques.
• AVAILABILITY AND SCALABILITY: Discover the best way to cluster database applications; learn about data center staffing, facilities, and operations; and find out how to scale applications up and out with various tools.
• REPLICATION: Get answers to common questions, and find out how to create merge-replication custom conflict resolvers in Microsoft Visual Basic®.
• DATA WAREHOUSING: Develop effective data warehouses using expert techniques for design, partitions, data extraction, transformation, and loading.
• ANALYSIS SERVICES: Get practical solutions to real-world business problems using OLAP cubes, Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), data mining, and data access technologies.
• DIGITAL DASHBOARDS: Learn how to build Web portals using the latest SQL Server technology and the digital dashboard framework.
• PERFORMANCE TUNING AND SECURITY: Learn how to tune, optimize, and troubleshoot SQL Server and SQL Server–based applications for top performance, and get the facts about Microsoft SQL Server 2000 security models.
• XML: Learn how to expose SQL Server data to the Web with XML.
Included on two CD-ROMs:
• A 120-day evaluation copy of SQL Server 2000
• A fully searchable electronic copy of the RESOURCE KIT
• Selected topics of SQL Server Books Online in eBook format for your Pocket PC
• Tools, utilities, and sample code, including a cube and data-mining meta data scripter, digital dashboards, sample log shipper, Transact-SQL and system procedure quick reference, and more
Inside Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005: Query Tuning and Optimization
MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-443): Designing a Database Server Infrastructure Using Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005
Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 Administrator's Companion
Number of Ratings: 123