About the Book
For the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
CompTIA’s newest certification program defines industry-standard knowledge for server hardware specialists. And with the SERVER+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT, you can build the support skills tested every day, on the job—as well as on the Server+ exam. Work at your own pace through an integrated system of lessons and practice exercises to master advanced PC hardware issues—including RAID, SCSI, multiple CPUs, hot swapping, and storage area networking. As you develop this real-world expertise, you're also preparing for the Server+ exam—making this kit your next step to career advancement!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Planning and installing hardware using electronic software distribution (ESD) best practices
• Configuring the network operating system, BIOS, RAID, external peripherals, service tools, and more
• Performing an upgrade—from full system backup to verifying and documenting each checkpoint
• Creating a performance baseline and conducting proactive maintenance
• Monitoring the physical environment and security of the server room
• Using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot bottlenecks, misconfigurations, viruses, and other problems
• Developing and implementing a disaster recovery plan
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training that maps to Server+ exam objectives
• Skill-building exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
• Summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress
• All the book’s content—plus the Microsoft® Encyclopedia of Networking eBook—on CD-ROM
NOTE: Server+ exam can also be applied to Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification.
ALS Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration, Second Edition
ALS A+ Certification, Third Edition
Network+ Certification Training Kit, Second Edition
Number of Ratings: 7