About the Book
Conquer Windows XP—from the inside out!
Hey, you know your way around a desktop—so now dig into Windows® XP and really put your PC to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of Windows mastery!
• Build on what you already know about Windows and quickly dive into what’s new
• Configure smarter startup and shutdown options
• Remotely access your desktop or a corporate network
• Use permissions and encryption to protect files and folders
• Set up your own Windows-based network—including using wireless technologies
• Learn tricks for optimizing Microsoftâ Internet Explorer
• Tighten security settings and employ the personal firewall
• Burn your own CDs and create a digital media library
• Get must-know Registry-editing tips
• Use scripts and batch programs to automate tasks
• Intuitive HTML interface
• Extensive collection of Microsoft add-ins and third-party utilities, demos, and trials
• Sample files—including batch programs and scripts—to help you further customize Windows XP
• Complete eBook?easy to browse and print!
• Sample chapters from Microsoft Office XP INSIDE OUT books
• Microsoft Visio® auto-demos
Information from the authors on what’s new in Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) available here .
Microsoft® Windows® XP Networking and Security Inside Out: Also Covers Windows 2000
Laptops and Tablet PCs with Microsoft® Windows® XP Step by Step: Keep in Touch and Stay Productive--At Work, At Home, and On the Go!
Microsoft® Windows® XP Inside Out Deluxe, Second Edition
Number of Ratings: 124