About the Book
For the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Master essential networking technologies and practices—including TCP/IP client administration—with the NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT, Second Edition. Work at your own pace through a system of skill-building lessons and hands-on exercises. As you gain practical experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting networking components and protocols, you're also preparing for CompTIA's 2001 Network+ exam—making this kit your next step to career advancement!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Mastering the OSI model—layers and functions
• Planning the network—from physical topologies and media to fault-tolerance and disaster recovery
• Installing hardware and making network connections
• Configuring TCP/IP protocols
• Managing network clients—from Microsoft® Windows® to Apple Macintosh
• Administering TCP/IP routing, services, and utilities
• Creating wireless LANs and enabling remote access
• Managing security—from encryption to security protocols
• Performing everyday maintenance, including backups and virus protection
• Using troubleshooting tools and tactics to diagnose and resolve problems
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to 2001 Network+ exam objectives
• Skill-building exercises for learning you can apply to the job
• Lesson summaries and review questions to help gauge your progress
• Multimedia demonstrations and all the book’s content—plus Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking eBook—on CD-ROM
ALS Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration, Second Edition
ALS A+ Certification, Third Edition
Server+ Certification Training Kit
Number of Ratings: 16