About the Book
Conquer viruses, hackers, spam, and other threats—from the inside out!
Hey, you know your way around Microsoft® Windows®–so now dig in and really put its security features to work! Covering Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, and Windows 2000 Professional, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds–all in concise, fast-answer format. It's all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday security tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
• From firewalls to watchdog software, help keep intruders off your network and out of your data
• Exterminate viruses, worms, and other Web vermin
• Use authentication, certificates, and Group Policy to help control access to shared resources
• Monitor your system for suspicious activity and fend off attacks
• Keep spies and spam out of your e-mail
• Button up your VPN, remote access, and wireless networking services
• Help take ultimate control of security by encrypting data, blocking ports, and locking down the Registry
• Intuitive HTML interface
• Extensive collection of Microsoft add-ins and third-party utilities, demos, and trials
• Complete eBook–easy to browse and print!
• Sample chapters from other Microsoft Press® INSIDE OUT books
• Microsoft Visio® auto-demos
Microsoft® Windows® XP Networking and Security Inside Out: Also Covers Windows 2000
Laptops and Tablet PCs with Microsoft® Windows® XP Step by Step: Keep in Touch and Stay Productive--At Work, At Home, and On the Go!
Microsoft® Windows® XP Inside Out Deluxe, Second Edition
Number of Ratings: 18