Microsoft New Zealand Partner Awards 2013
Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement
The Microsoft Partner Awards represent the pinnacle of IT industry awards in New Zealand and are the main avenue through which Microsoft recognises its channel partners. The awards celebrate the exemplary work that Microsoft partners do in making customers lives easier through the implementation of Microsoft Solutions.
If you have any questions regarding the Microsoft Partner Awards, please email email@example.com
NEW in 2013: Gold or Silver Level Competency Requirement
This will be the first year in the history of the Microsoft New Zealand Partner Awards where eligibility for ALL award categories requires a minimum Gold or Silver level Microsoft competency. The competency must be locally earned and not inherited from overseas affiliation. Please be sure to check that you have a relevant competency and that this competency is active and current prior to submitting your award submission. Submissions will be checked against MPN competency status prior to judging.
Partner Awards - Call for submissions
Friday, 20 December 2013
First date submissions accepted
Monday, 6 January 2014
Final submissions due date
Friday, 28 February 2014
Monday, 24 March 2014
Partner Awards Ceremony and Dinner Event
Location: Langham Hotel, Auckland
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Official Press Release announcing winners
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Cloud Small and Medium Business (SMB) Partner of the Year
- The Cloud Partner of the Year: Small and Medium Business (SMB) Award honours a partner that has successfully scaled out its cloud practice to a world class marketing and sales engine, profitably and efficiently targeting and acquiring new customers to the cloud with innovative marketing tools (SEO, social media) and an effective customer acquisition strategy. The winner will have created a repeatable, pre-packaged, out of the box solution targeted to small and medium businesses. The solution will include public cloud products such as Office 365, Windows Intune, and CRM Online etc. and may also be a hybrid solution that includes Service Provider cloud.
Cloud Enterprise Partner of the Year
- The Cloud Partner of the Year: Enterprise Customers (CA and EPG) Award honours a partner that has shifted some of their business from on premise to integration of a Cloud based practice. They will have built a profitable, enterprise-level managed cloud business with enterprise-class Microsoft cloud solutions. The winner will have successfully addressed complex deployments integration into existing sophisticated workflow processes, while enabling efficiency gains and cost savings to enterprise customers. They will have acquired/migrated large key marque customers to the Cloud in a hybrid infrastructure.
Hosting Partner of the Year
- The Hosting Partner of the Year Award recognizes a partner who demonstrates solution innovation and exemplary commitment to engaging with Microsoft. Nominees for this award should document how their company and hosted solution focus on a customer’s business challenge, either by identifying a new market opportunity or by using technology innovation to address customer needs. Along with demonstrating innovation, the submission should document how customers have seen the partner work closely with Microsoft. The winning nomination will show which version(s) of
Microsoft product(s) the solution was built on, or how the partner actively promoted its solution through marketing campaigns.
Devices and Deployment Partner of the Year
- The Devices and Deployment Partner of the Year Award recognises a partner serving enterprise, midmarket, and small businesses with proven expertise in helping customers migrate desktop environments to a modern, flexible environment. Partners self-nominating for this award should have successfully deployed Microsoft technologies with Windows 7, Windows 8, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP), Windows Internet Explorer 9 or 10, and/or Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 to help customers manage desktop assets more efficiently and cost-effectively, support and enable their end users, manage security, and deploy new applications.
Management and Virtualisation Partner of the Year
- The Management and Virtualization Partner of the Year Award recognizes a partner that delivers management and virtualization solutions (desktop or server) that enable customers to save costs, increase availability, and improve the agility of an organization’s IT infrastructure. The winning solution will use the Microsoft suite of virtualization and system management products, technologies, and solution accelerators.
Server Platform Partner of the Year
- The Server Platform Partner of the Year award recognises a partner that has excelled in delivered solutions enabling a customer to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures, save time and reduce costs, and provide a server platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed data centre. The winning solution must have used the Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 platform, technologies, and solution accelerators.
Business Intelligence Partner of the Year
- The Business intelligence Partner of the Year award recognises a partner who has delivered a Business intelligence solution based on the Microsoft Business intelligence platform. The winning solution will have augmented a customer’s resources with self-service analysis and enabled the customer to make more aligned and informed decisions, with better team collaboration. The solution must be based on the Microsoft Business intelligence platform, including, but not limited to, the latest versions of Microsoft SQL server, SharePoint and Excel.
Windows 8 App Developer Partner of the Year
- The Windows 8 App Developer Partner of the Year Award honours a partner that has helped customers adopt Windows 8 through the development of a Windows 8 app. The app, which can be a free or paid app, would ideally be tied to a solution or a service, and helps drive the adoption of Windows 8 with customers. The app demonstrates the breadth, depth and/or value that this service brings to both the Partner’s business model and meeting the solution needs of the customer. In addition, the app demonstrates the unique value of the Windows 8 platform, differentiated on this platform than from Partner solutions on competitive platforms.
Windows Azure Solution Partner of the Year
- The Windows Azure Solution Partner of the Year Award recognizes exceptional innovation from a partner who has used Azure and PaaS to deliver Compute, Data Services, App Services, or Network Services to customers in the past year. The winning nomination will demonstrate innovation, competitive differentiation, and customer value while showcasing the benefit of developing or delivering applications and/or services based on key Microsoft platform technologies presented by the Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems, Windows Phone 8, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 development system, and—of course--Azure. The application/solution must utilise the Windows Azure platform.
Collaboration and Content Partner of the Year
- The Collaboration and Content Partner of the Year Award will recognize an exceptional partner who excels in providing their customers solutions in what were formerly known as Content Management, Portals and Collaboration and Search competencies.
Communications Partner of the Year
- The Communications Partner of the Year Award recognizes partners with a proven expertise in Microsoft Lync. The nomination is open for all the Lync partners involved in building solutions, deploying, and supporting Lync. Partners should ensure their award nominations highlight the significant impact their solutions have on how people communicate and collaborate through an improved end user experience, increased efficiency, enhanced services, or innovative products and applications. Partners should showcase the unique and positive effects their innovative solutions have had on their customers’ business. Successful entries should also feature proof-points of how these solutions in solving customer business challenges on premise, in the cloud, or through enhanced features and functionality.
Customer Relationship Management Partner of the Year
- The CRM Partner of the Year Award recognizes a partner that has excelled in providing innovative and unique sales, services, solutions, and/or support based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Successful entrants for this award will demonstrate consistent, high-quality, predictable service to Microsoft Dynamics customers that helps to ensure significant business benefits for customers from their Microsoft Dynamics CRM investments. Successful entrants will also demonstrate business leadership and success with strong growth in new customer additions and revenue.
Enterprise Resource Planning Partner of the Year
- The ERP Partner of the Year Award recognizes a partner that excels at providing innovative and unique sales, services, solutions, and/or support based on Microsoft Dynamics ERP – including the Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, or SL product lines. The successful entrant for this award will have demonstrated consistent, high-quality; predictable service to Microsoft Dynamics customers, helping to ensure significant business benefits from their Microsoft Dynamics ERP investments. The successful nominee will also demonstrate business leadership and success, with strong growth in new customer additions and revenue.
Sales Specialist of the year
- The Sales Specialist of the Year Award recognizes an individual sales professional (e.g., Account Managers, Account Executives, Field Sales Reps, Telesales Reps, and Solution Sales Reps) who demonstrates exceptional Microsoft solution knowledge and sales expertise. A winning sales professional demonstrates proficiency in solution selling and a commitment to continuous improvements in customer satisfaction. Their sales prowess is evident in their ability to target and generate business and revenue growth with new and existing customers. Nominate sales professionals in your organization who consistently exceed sales expectations as the result of their solution-selling capabilities.
Pre-Sales Technical Specialist of the year
- The Pre-Sales Specialist of the Year Award is a new award this year that recognizes an individual pre-sales technical professional (e.g. Pre-Sales Engineer, Product Specialist, or Technical Specialist) who demonstrates exceptional Microsoft technical solution knowledge and sales expertise in key workloads. A winning pre-sales technical professional helps close deals by conducting a business value conversation from a technical perspective. They are able to explain the process of upgrading from Microsoft Product X to Product Y, demonstrate the differentiation of a Microsoft solution vis-à-vis a competitor, and complete a value demo and gain support for a Proof of Concept. Nominate pre-sales technical professionals in your organization who consistently exceed sales expectations as the result of their pre-sales technical selling capabilities.
Distributor Partner of the Year
- This award honours an outstanding Distributor Partner, the winning nomination will show innovation which can be demonstrated by a creative and effective approach to capitalize on new or maximize existing business opportunities. Their sales leadership can be shown by specific examples of efforts, in conjunction with Microsoft, at the executive and business development levels to build a deeper partnership. Finally, the Distributor Partner of the Year demonstrates execution excellence, as defined by effectively activating and enabling resellers to sell and providing a high level of customer satisfaction while delivering strong business results.
Education Partner of the Year
- The Education Partner of the Year Award recognizes a partner organization that excels at providing innovative and unique services or solutions based on Microsoft technologies to education customers. The partner shows that they understand how to leverage technology to deliver learning outcomes in the classroom.
- The successful submission for this award will demonstrate industry knowledge and expertise, as well as consistent, high-quality, predictable service or solutions to education customers. Successful entrants will also demonstrate business leadership and success through strong growth in new customer additions and revenue by integrating with Microsoft cloud-based technology such as Windows 8 UI Apps, Office 365 for Education, Exchange Online, and Windows Azure in addition to the Windows Phone platform.
- Partners applying for this award should demonstrate effective engagement with Microsoft by taking advantage of the Microsoft Partner Network to develop, create demand for, and sell their software solutions or services.
Innovative Technology for Good Citizenship Partner of the Year
- The Innovative Technology for Good Citizenship Partner of the Year Award recognises a partner creating and deploying a cutting-edge technology solution for a non-governmental organisation (NGO)/non-profit. The solution should deliver significant social impact to the community and help improve the quality of life of all New Zealanders. Submissions should focus on outcomes over and above normal commercial drivers. Microsoft has a longstanding commitment to making technology accessible to non-profits around the world and bringing its benefits to local communities. The partner that wins this award is pushing our technology further and creating an original solution to solve a pressing NGO need.
Learning Partner of the Year
- The Learning Partner of the Year Award is for partners that excel in providing innovative training or marketing solutions to drive skills and certification growth. The winning submission may spotlight a new solution brought to market, a new platform, a leading-edge marketing and sales practice or, a new business model which the Partner has incorporated successfully. The winning submission will
demonstrate alignment with advancing adoption and deployment of Microsoft technologies. Partners must be able to show they have developed more creative ways to engage as innovative and exceptional Partners in training.
Midmarket Solution Provider Partner of the Year
- The Midmarket Solution Provider Partner of the Year Award honours a partner using Microsoft technologies in innovative ways across lines of business to deploy critical infrastructure solutions serving customers in the midmarket business space (50 to 250 PCs; 50 to approximately 500 employees). To qualify, you must demonstrate innovative excellence and proficiency in deploying solutions that use Microsoft technology scaled for midsize businesses to support their line of business or workload-specific needs. Key Microsoft products to be considered are: Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Intune, Windows Server 2012, and including virtualization and management technologies. Specific line-of-business applications relevant to your midmarket solution you can feature in your submission include Microsoft Dynamics CRM/CRM Online, Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Exchange Server 2013, SQL Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012, and other industry/vertical applications. Your solution can be either an on-premises or cloud solution; the winning differentiator will be your clear expression of how the solution significantly helps midmarket businesses address their unique challenges, helps save money, and helps them be competitive.
Small Business Partner of the Year
- The Small Business Partner of the Year Award honours a partner using Microsoft technologies in innovative ways for their small business customers (1–50 PCs, up to approximately 100 employees), specializing in design, deployment, and delivery of high-quality solutions. This award is limited to partners actively enrolled in the Microsoft Small Business Competency. To submit for this award, you must demonstrate innovative excellence and proficiency in deploying solutions that use the latest Microsoft technology scaled for small businesses. Key Microsoft products to be considered are Windows 8, Office 365, Windows Intune, and the Windows Server product family (Windows Server 2012) including virtualization and management technologies. Your entry should demonstrate how your organization provides ways to help small business owners save money and be competitive while using Microsoft campaigns and sales tools.
Volume Licensing Partner of the Year
- The Volume Licensing Partner of the Year Award recognises a partner that consistently seeks to innovate with Volume Licensing solutions and services and provides ongoing attention to customer-service excellence. Successful entries will include descriptions of the organisation’s dedication to customer engagement with T-36 activities while providing the most trained and qualified staff (Get Licensing Ready Certifications and MCPs for Licensing) to deliver services and marketing strategies. The strategies should be used to increase Volume Licensing revenue and annuity and retain Volume Licensing customers by means of successful, ongoing relationship management throughout the agreement lifecycle.