The Hyper-V Server OPK contains documentation to help you use Windows Server 2008 OPK tools to preinstall Hyper-V Server 2008 on the computers you build
- Insert the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 OPK CD in the CD-ROM drive of the technician computer. If AutoRun does not initialise, open Windows Explorer and click the designated CD-ROM drive, and then double-click StartCD.exe.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 OPK installation requires .NET Framework and MSXML 6.0 (both included on the CD).
- Click OPK Setup to perform the installation.
- If you have already installed the OPK Tools from any previous version of Windows, you will need to uninstall the prior version of the OPK Tools and then install the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 OPK Tools.
- Requirements for Hyper-V
- Step 1: Install Hyper-V
- Step 2: Create and set up a virtual machine
- Step 3: Install the operating system and integration services
- Step 4: Configuring virtual networks
Known issues are described in the release notes. We recommend that you review the release notes before you install Hyper-V.
View the Hyper-V Server Release Notes on TechNet.
OEM Preinstallation Kits are available for many Microsoft technologies, including:
- Operating systems
- Windows Services
- Other Microsoft products
For additional information, see Microsoft OEM Preinstallation Kits.