Previous versions of Windows Small Business Server took significant steps toward reducing the complexity of implementing and managing server technology in a small business environment. Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard and Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials build upon that foundation with easier setup, installation and migration experiences for Microsoft partners and small business customers.
Use the following resources to help you install and deploy robust, secure and reliable servers with genuine Windows Small Business Server 2011 operating systems.
Windows SBS 2011 Standard OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK)
The OPK tools are designed to help you preinstall Windows SBS 2011 Standard server software on new PCs.
For information about compatible hardware, see the Windows Server Catalogue.
For up-to-date information to help you correctly install and configure the server software for your customers, review the Release Documentation for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard.
The Express Deployment Tool (EDT) helps you quickly, easily and correctly preinstall PCs with genuine Windows. The EDT offers these benefits:
- Creates a consistent and customised end-user experience.
- Works with OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) tools to provide streamlined deployments of typical PC configurations.
- Provides the benefits of the traditional OPKs in a fraction of the time.
- Simplifies compliance with OEM System Builder licence terms.
- Is offered in 10 languages.
- Preinstalls selected third-party applications and many major OEM product releases.
- Includes preinstallation of Windows 7.
Download the Express Deployment Tool for your Windows Small Business Server 2011 deployments.