Express Deployment Tool
| Windows 7 OPK
| Windows XP Mode and Virtual PC
| Technical Resources
The Express Deployment Tool (EDT) helps to quickly, easily, and correctly preinstall PCs with genuine Windows. The EDT offers these benefits:
- Creates a consistent and customised end-user experience.
- Works with OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) tools to provide streamlined deployments of typical PC configurations.
- Provides the benefits of the traditional OPKs in a fraction of the time.
- Simplifies compliance with OEM System Builder licence terms.
- Preinstalls selected third-party applications and all major OEM product releases.
- Includes preinstallation of Windows 7 and optional preinstallation for the following Microsoft operating systems, server software and applications:
Download the Express Deployment Tool.
Windows OPK Labs and Video Training
These training documents and videos made specifically for system builders provide information about how to deploy Windows 7.
System Builder Basics
In this 10-part video series, OPK expert James Kahle takes you through the basics of preinstalling the Windows 7 operating system using the OPK—and demonstrates a complete end-to-end scenario.
Windows 7 OPK Training Course
This course consists of two one-hour lessons that will help you preinstall Windows 7 on new PCs. The first module is an introduction to the Windows OPK and the second includes information about what’s new in the OPK and system requirements.
Download the Windows 7 OPK.
Windows XP Mode allows end users to run older Windows XP applications on Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional versions:
- It installs a virtual hard disk file that contains Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.
- It requires client virtualisation software like Windows Virtual PC.