The new Microsoft Office provides access from virtually anywhere to your familiar Office applications, email, calendar, videoconferencing, and most up-to-date documents, across your devices—from PCs to smartphones to tablets.
Help your customers experience the most powerful Office yet:
- Smarter applications. Smart, time-saving new ways to create, read, share, and connect.
- Cloud-connected. Sign in to Office and access documents and settings across multiple devices.1
- Optimized for touch. Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, optimized for touch.
There are two ways for your customers to experience the new Office:
Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 is a cloud-based service hosted by Microsoft. It brings together the familiar Microsoft Office desktop applications with cloud-based business email, shared calendars, instant messaging (IM), videoconferencing, and file sharing. There's a great Office 365 choice for everyone, and it’s the easiest way to work together.
- Work with the Office you already know, so you can get things done faster from virtually anywhere, backed by robust security and a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee.2
- For businesses, Office 365 provides enterprise-grade tools for a predictable monthly cost and no upfront infrastructure investments.
- For consumers, Office 365 is available as a prepaid subscription.
Microsoft Office 2013 suites
Office suites deliver powerful new versions of the applications your customers know and trust. Perfect for customers who need Office for only one Windows PC.
- Office Home & Student 2013—For families. Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Non-commercial use.
- Office Home & Business 2013—For small-business and home users who need to manage email, calendars, and tasks. Includes everything in Home & Student 2013, plus Outlook.
- Office Professional 2013*—For users who need the complete Office suite, including publishing and database tools. Includes everything in Home & Business 2013, plus Publisher and Access.
*Office Professional 2013 is available via Digital Download.
Meet the updated Office applications.
||Learn more about how Office 2013 suites compare to earlier Office versions. |
||Learn how familiar concepts and new features make it easy to create documents, collaborate with others, and enjoy reading right from the screen. |
||Explore and visualize data at new depths in less time. |
||Quickly design and deliver dynamic presentations with ease and confidence. |
||Focus on what’s important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. |
||Capture notes, pictures, web pages, and media in a digital notebook and access it on the go. |
Return to top
The following small-business training is available through the Microsoft Partner Network:
Additional courses are available on the Microsoft Partner Network.
Your customers will look to you to recommend the Office that best meets their needs. To help them decide which version works best for their circumstances, it is important to understand the number of devices they use.
- Office 365 is ideal for customers who need Office across multiple devices.
- Office 2013 suites are a good choice for customers who need Office on only one PC or Mac.
Note Small and midsize businesses also have volume licensing options.
Learn more about Office 365 subscriptions and the Office 2013 suites on the Office Licensing and Packaging page.
The following training courses are available to help you get acquainted with the new Office licensing: