How to Enter: During the Submission Phase, visit http://microsoft.com/office/powerpoint-slidefest/ and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid email address. Then, follow the directions to upload your original PowerPoint presentation (up to 30 MB) using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or 2010, herein, your submission ("Submission"). Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. You may download a free trial of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to create your Submission. There are six (6) contest categories, each its own independent Contest. Your Submission will automatically be entered into the "Best in Slideshow" and "People's Choice Award" Contests. You will be prompted to choose up to three (3) of the five (5) additional available contest categories for which you may enter your Submission:
- Best Use of Video;
- Best Use of Animation;
- Best Use of Color;
- Best Synopsis of a Complicated Topic; and
- Best Use of Graphics.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must not exceed 30 MB;
- The Submission's text must be in English; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity
or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license
to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain any material, images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload ten (10) Submissions during the Submission Phase. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit
will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a
royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in
whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for
promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the
non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late,
stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be
the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an
Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated
with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.