Change the Number of Licenses for Your Subscription
Topic Last Modified: 2012-02-06
After you buy a subscription through the Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal, you can increase the number of licenses that you want to use.
To increase the number of licenses for a previously purchased subscription
Sign in to the Customer Portal using your Windows Live ID.
On the Subscriptions page, locate the subscription to which you want to add licenses.
In the Actions list next to that subscription, select Increase quantity, and then click Go.
In the Shopping Cart, in the Qty box, overwrite the current number of licenses with the new total. For example, if you currently have 10 licenses and you want 10 more, enter 20.
Click Update total to view your new subscription fee.
- You must specify a quantity that is greater than the original number of previously-purchased licenses.
- You cannot decrease the number of licenses of a current subscription. You can only decrease the number of licenses at the time of renewal. See About Subscription Renewal.
- This subscription will be billed using your original method of payment. For example, if you used a credit card to purchase this subscription, that credit card will be used to pay your new subscription fee.
- You cannot change the number of licenses for a trial subscription.
- To increase the amount of storage space for Microsoft Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, see Buy Additional Storage.