Get Credentials for the Microsoft Online Services Administration Center
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-09
When you start a trial or activate a paid subscription in the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite product family, Microsoft sends you an e-mail message with the credentials for signing in to the Microsoft Online Services Administration Center. The Administration Center is a Web portal you will use to manage settings for your company, user accounts, and the services that your company has subscribed to.
If you lose or delete the message, follow the steps below to obtain the credentials manually.
To manually get credentials for the Administration Center
Go to the Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal, and sign in with your Windows Live ID.ImportantBe sure to sign in with your Windows Live ID, which will be different from the service administrator user name for the Administration Center.
On the Subscriptions tab, find your subscription in the Your Subscriptions pane.
From the Actions list for your subscription, select Get credentials, and then click Go.
The Credentials for Business Productivity Online window will open.
Copy or print your service administrator’s temporary credentials for the Administration Center.
If you are not the service administrator, give these credentials to your service administrator.ImportantIf you follow this process to get credentials for the Administration Center and the password is blank, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Your service administrator changed their password and signed in to the Administration Center.
- You have used this process to get credentials three times previously.
- Someone else in your company has retrieved these credentials previously.
Click Go to Administration Center.
If you are not the service administrator, make sure your service administrator performs the following step and creates their administrator account.
Sign in to the Administration Center with the temporary credentials, and then follow the instructions to reset the service administrator password.
Once the service administrator is signed in to the Administration Center, they will need to create their administrator account.
- To sign in to the Customer Portal, you will continue to use your Windows Live ID. To sign in to the Administration Center, your service administrator will use the credentials they create through the process above.
- If your service administrator has not signed in to the Administration Center, you have up to three chances to retrieve your service administrator’s temporary password through the Customer Portal.
- If you lose your temporary password, or your attempts to change your temporary passwords have been unsuccessful, contact support.