TrojanDownloader:Win32/Karagany.A is a trojan that silently downloads and installs other programs without consent. This could include the installation of additional malware or malware components to an affected computer.
creates the following files on an affected computer:
<current folder>\<malware file>.exe
c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\adobe\adobeupdate .exe
c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\adobe\plugs\kb196125.exe
Contacts remote hosts
may contact the following remote hosts using port 80:
Commonly, malware may contact a remote host for the following purposes:
- To confirm Internet connectivity
- To report a new infection to its author
- To receive configuration or other data
- To download and execute arbitrary files (including updates or additional malware)
- To receive instruction from a remote attacker
- To upload data taken from the affected computer
This malware description was produced and published using our automated analysis system's examination of file SHA1 033e7846346167693b5c7c7c70a9a32b5bb65477.