Fynloski.A is a repackaged version of a remote access tool (RAT) and might come in a variety of installer types.
It has different file names. It creates an entry in the Windows registry to ensure that it automatically runs every time Windows starts, and remains hidden from the user once it's run.
Fynloski.A lets a hacker remotely access your PC. It can let the hacker do any of the following:
- Capture video from your webcam
- Control the clipboard
- Control the mouse, including the clicks
- Display a message box
- Download and run files
- Gather information about your PC
- Hide the operating system's default screens and windows
- Open and close the CD-ROM drive door
- Record sound produced by the PC
- Record keystrokes
- Set a custom background
- Steal passwords from known applications
- Type text on the screen
Analysis by Daniel Chipiristeanu
Alerts from your security software may be the only symptom.